Monday, March 21, 2011

Can you name this tree? Redbud? Dogwood?

Well we are all moved in to our new house since Thursday, however this morning when getting ready to head to work I saw this beautiful pink tree in our backyard!!


Is this a Redbud Tree or a Dogwood tree?  Can they bloom overnight?  I can almost promise these gorgeous blooms were not there yesterday.

Update:  Per a request I have taken more  close up pictures of our beautiful tree so we can determine it's name.  I also confirmed with Rob, that this tree was not actually bloomed yesterday.  Here are closer looks of the flowers:


I think the tree is so pretty the blooms almost look fake.  What I do know is this tree has attracted dozens of bees.  They were all buzzing around spreading pollen.

The bees were flying around fast, this was my best picture.  Any help with the name of this tree would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Jackie says definitely not a dogwood -- her vote is for Redwood...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this one?

    http://landscaping.about.com/od/floweringtrees/ig/flowering-tree-pictures/Sargent-Crab-Apple.htm

    ReplyDelete