Monday, March 7, 2011

Guten free? Eat a Fin Japenese Restaurant in Chesterfield, MO!

After trying several times to meet up from lunch, my friend Laura and I were finally able together last Tuesday.  She had been wanting to try the new sushi restaurant in Chesterfield, Fin.  I was of course happy to oblige as Rob does not like fish, so I try to eat it as much as I can with my friends.  I was busy that day, so I was not able to call ahead to see if they had a gluten free menu, but I figure hey its sushi and rice, I should be okay...

I checked out the menu, really searched to see if they had Chirashi, because its my favorite thing to eat at sushi restaurants and Yay! they had it.  As a good gluten free person I read the description and it said it was served with season rice, so of course I asked what were the seasonings in the rice?  The very friendly waitress explained it has fresh ingredients like ginger (I don't remember all of them). So I asked to make sure there was no gluten and she said no.

The lunch menu included a salad and some yummy miso soup.  Then came out our Chirashi! (I say our, because my non gluten friend Laura also ordered the same thing).  The best thing was our amazing waitress also brought our gluten free soy sauce!!  I did not even have to ask for it.  Wow!!!

The Chirashi was excellent!  When I first saw it, I did not think it looked like a lot of food, however I was full by the time I left.  So I had another great gluten free meal with great company.  Thanks Fin Japanese Restaurant!  We will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment