Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chandler Hill Vineyards and Winery in Defiance, Missouri, Made Being Gluten Free Easy!

We have been to Chandler Hill Vineyards and Winery on many occasions, however last weekend was my first visit on the gluten free diet.  Our friends and I enjoy Chandler Hill, because one: it's gorgeous, two: they serve more than just local wines, three: they serve beer for our non wine drinking friends, and four: because it is always a lot of fun!



When we headed out to the wineries last Saturday I was bummed I was on a gluten free diet, because they have this amazing Brie, Chicken, Cranberry Sandwich thing that is Oh So Amazing!!  Rob and I ordered the cheese plate and they were happy to accommodate the whole, "Can you please put the bread on a different plate than the cheese please?" The cheese was amazing and I had to give Rob the look of "What are you doing?" a couple of times when he tried to use the same cheese knife to put the cheese on the bread.  We are both learning the do's and don't's of this diet.  The tiniest bit of wheat can cause a whole lot of problems.

We continue drinking the Syrah we always order and our hunger grew (this time only two bottles, not our three like last time).  I spoke to the waitress about not being able to eat wheat, but I really wanted to have that yummy sandwich.  So she spoke to the chef and they were able to make it without the bread and put all the sauces on the side.  How wonderful!!  So the waitress brought out my plate of Chicken covered in melted Brie and with the side of the Cranberry sauce that she made sure was gluten free.  It looked delicious and tasted even better!! Apparently I was so excited, I forgot to take a picture.  I guess I will just have to go again.  ;)  Another amazing Gluten Free dining experience!!!  Thanks Chandler Hill Vineyards and Winery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment