Saturday, March 12, 2011

Outback Steackhouse Gluten Free Menu- OMG So Awesome!

Rob and I always seem to find things to celebrate by eating out and drinking some wine and last Tuesday was no exception.  On Tuesday Rob and I found out we were approved and cleared to close on our new house!!!  How exciting.  Of course Rob twisted my arm about going out to eat and I was really wanting to try Outback Steakhouse's Gluten Free Menu.  I previously had seen online they have a completely separate menu just for us Gluten Free.

We show up to Outback and I ask if they have a Gluten Free menu.  I was so excited when they gave me a menu that was the same size as the regular menu!


At this point, I am super excited.  Outback has always been one of my favorite places to eat (even before this whole gluten free thing).  I am very picky on my steak and many places do not know how to cook a medium rare steak, however I have yet to have an issue at Outback.  Thanks Outback!  I was ecstatic to  see my regular item on the menu on the Gluten Free menu, the Victoria's Center Cut Filet!!  It melts in your mouth.  So, of course I order it and the wonderful waitress Anastasia asks my two sides and I request the mash potatoes and of course the Caesar Salad.

If you like Caesar salads and you have not had the one at Outback, run there now!!  It is my all time favorite!!  I told the waitress the menu said to ask for "no croutons and to have it mixed in a separate bowl".  ( Kuddos to Outback  because most restaurants do not understand the importance of not cross contaminating.)  Then Anastasia says "Oh, are you gluten free?"  I reply yes and she says "Oh we have a button for that."  Wow!  What?!  That's awesome.  She then asked if we still wanted the bread and as my husband is not Gluten Free, he said yes.  It must have been good because I did not even have time to snap a picture by the time he devoured it....


Another great thing about Outback and their Gluten Free Button was every time something was delivered to the table, the server would announce the Gluten Free in front of the menu item: Gluten Free Ceasar Salad, Gluten Free Victoria's Center Cut Filet, etc.  It was very comforting to know everyone who came in contact with my food knew I had a gluten intolerance and paid extra attention to my order.  Bravo Outback!! So they delivered my Gluten free steak:




MMM!  So good and cooked to perfection (it's hard to please me when it comes to steaks too).  Rob had the Outback Special.  It was a sirloin steak and he was also impressed, since had not tried it before.  As for mine, I will let you decide for yourselves if I thought it was Yummy:


I am going to go with Yes!!  I ordered the 6 ounce filet and it was the perfect size for me.  I did not feel as if I over indulged, however by this point it could be the bottle of Shiraz we are finishing off.  :)  So glad wine is Gluten Free!  Then Anastasia asked if we are interested in a dessert and I ask if they have anything Gluten Free and she was like we do.  What?  Really?  Is it good, what is it?  They had a Gluten Free version of their Infamous Thunder Down Under! Although the name reminded me of that Australian male stripper reality show, I was intrigued.  They brought out the dessert:


I would never consider myself a dessert fan; I am more of a steak and potatoes girl, however when it comes to brownies, I LOVE them!!  This was my first experience with a gluten free brownie, so I was quite skeptical.  My skepticism quickly faded and all of the sudden the brownie was gone.

Where did it go?  It was so good.  We ordered the smaller version, but after trying it, we may hit up the large version next time.  So good!!  What a great night!  Thanks again Outback Steakhouse for making our special occasion wonderful.  I am sure we will soon find another special occasion to come back for visit, probably something like Hey it's Tuesday, you want to go to Outback?

No comments:

Post a Comment